In the Gray

 

“...so i will greet you in a way all loved things are meant to be greeted with a tear in my heart and a poem in my eye.” ― Sanober Khan, Turquoise Silence


My eyes speak with Poe’s ink

and Plath’s window to an empty sky.

 

My tears can’t decide if grief is their

new language or the starlight choir

of memories.

 

I walk past a hundred mirrors

to find you own every reflection.

 

If there is beauty in gray, help me find it.

I feel so lost when night dresses me in shadows.

 

©Susie Clevenger 2022


The Sunday Muse #200

 




Comments

  1. No words I have can give this deeply gorgeous and poignant poem the praise it truly deserves my friend. I can say this, those who experience grief and write of it speak to others grieving like no one else can. Even in the pain these lines hold, I absolutely love this amazing poem Susie! 💙🦋

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I walk past a hundred mirrors
    to find you own every reflection.”

    “I feel so lost when night dresses me in shadows.”

    Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that quote!!!!!!! Your poem is as deep and spectacular as it is possible for words to be. The stanza about grief being a new language or the starlight choir of memory is just stunning. One month. An unthinkable journey. I am glad you are able to write, Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so, so powerful. This is just amazing: "My tears can’t decide if grief is their /
    new language or the starlight choir / of memories." Oh wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comes from a deep place of grief that tugs at the heart. Beautifully penned in the language of loss.

    Wishing you peace..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poem is wondrous! Speaking from experience, you will one day find beauty in gray, but gray will always hold a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every part of this poem is beautifully written. Last two lines really stood out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I feel so lost when night dresses me in shadows."

    Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In the Spoiled Blue

Exhales of Pink and Yellow

Learning to Swim Where You Dreamed